The rediscovered jewels of Imperial Europe are the focus of this popular vacation. In Prague, see the tolling of the Astronomical Clock, when a sinister medieval figure of death emerges to pull the bell cord, operating for over six centuries. Also enjoy the sights, sounds, and tastes of Vienna—maybe sit in a café with a piece of scrumptious Sachertorte while listening to a legendary waltz, or explore the inside of St. Stephen’s Cathedral with its Romanesque and Gothic architecture. Even more fabulous architecture awaits you in Budapest, a city built along the blue Danube. Breakfast is included daily, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to sample the local cuisine in each city. Sample the sauerkraut in Munich, savor Apfelstrudel in Salzburg, and enjoy the plum dumplings and Pilsner in Prague. You’ll also enjoy the enchanting natural scenery, including the Alps and Danube River Valley—amazing features of a marvelous holiday.
NOTE: Preview itineraries and inclusions are based on 2018 packages, and are subject to modification. Full 2019 itinerary and inclusion details will be available in September 2018.
Day by Day Itinerary
1. ARRIVE IN MUNICH, GERMANY. Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to relax or start discovering Munich. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers.
2. MUNICH-NUREMBERG-PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC. The first city visited on this tour is Nuremberg with its pretty market square and Our Lady’s Church. Next, head east across the border into the Czech Republic. Evening arrival in Prague. (B)
3. PRAGUE. The wealth of gothic and baroque architecture perhaps inspired Dvorak and Smetana, both Prague composers. The included guided sightseeing features landmarks such as the Jewish Quarter, Charles Bridge, and the Old Town Square with the ASTRONOMICAL CLOCK. (B,D)
4. PRAGUE-VIENNA, AUSTRIA. Travel from Bohemia into Moravia then into Austria and on to Vienna, where included sightseeing starts with the State Opera, Parliament, and the Town Hall. Stop for a stroll in Heroes’ Square to view the Hofburg. Reserve some energy for an exciting evening optional excursion. (B)
5. VIENNA-BUDAPEST, HUNGARY. A free morning to further explore the city of “Waltz” or maybe just to do some shopping on the Karntnerstrasse. In the afternoon, head for the Hungarian border and its capital city, Budapest. (B)
6. BUDAPEST. Buda Castle dominates the twin cities of Buda and Pest, separated by the broad ribbon of the Danube. Heroes’ Square typifies the modern capital, while along the riverbank you find the old inns. Included sightseeing takes in the Parliament building, Margaret Island, Fishermen’s Bastion, and the Royal Castle. (B)
7. BUDAPEST-SALZBURG, AUSTRIA. Skirt the banks of the Danube back into Austria. Enjoy the spectacular alpine scenery on the way to Salzburg. (B)
8. SALZBURG-MUNICH, GERMANY. Morning at leisure in Salzburg or maybe join the optional Sound of Music excursion. Then, continue past Lake Chiemsee to Munich. Tonight, an included typical Bavarian dinner at a local restaurant is a must to celebrate a successful holiday. (B,D)
9. MUNICH. Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)REQUEST A QUOTE