If you want to see Western Europe’s main highlights but don’t have a lot of time, this is the vacation for you! Visit England, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, and France. Sample France’s celebrated cuisine—from fresh baguettes and pastries to fine wines. See London’s famous museums, shop at its famous stores on Bond Street and Knightsbridge, or kick back and stroll through lovely Hyde Park. The highlight of your trip includes Brussels, home of the European Union, a scenic cruise on the Rhine River, Germany’s Romantic Road, a trade route during the Middle Ages. Once you cross into Austria, head south into Italy to visit the unique floating city of Venice as well as Romeo & Juliet’s Verona. Another feature of your holiday is your stay in Lucerne, one of Switzerland’s finest cities, situated on the shores of beautiful Lake Lucerne and nestled within the snowcapped Swiss Alps. Your vacation concludes in Paris, the “Ville Lumière,” where you will experience French elegance. In a short period of time, this affordable European vacation offers it all—historical sites, gastronomic delights, quaint towns, and scenic beauty.
Day by Day Itinerary
1. ARRIVE IN LONDON, ENGLAND. Check into your hotel. Uniformed hosts are available to help you make the most of your stay.
2. LONDON. A full day to savor our rich program of optional activities: take a panoramic tour of London’s landmarks, visit the Tower of London, or choose an excursion to Windsor Castle. Tonight, how about a leisurely cruise on the Thames River? (B)
3. LONDON-BRUSSELS, BELGIUM. Transfer to the railway station and board the EUROSTAR TRAIN to Brussels. Here, your Tour Director and comfortable coach wait to take you for an orientation drive. (B)
4. BRUSSELS-RHINE CRUISE, GERMANY- FRANKFURT AREA. Journey into Germany to the shores of the mighty Rhine to enjoy a scenic CRUISE. Then, on to the Frankfurt area for an overnight. (B,D)
5. FRANKFURT AREA-ROMANTIC ROAD-INNSBRUCK AREA, AUSTRIA. Today’s highlight is a drive along the Romantic Road, through towns and villages with medieval towered gates and battlements, squares of half-timbered houses, and richly decorated fountains. Spend some time in the center of Rothenburg before heading to the Innsbruck area for an overnight. (B,D)
6. INNSBRUCK AREA-BRENNER PASS-VENICE AREA, ITALY. Take in the breathtaking scenery of the Alps while crossing the Europa Bridge and Brenner Pass. Arrive in Venice, where a BOAT RIDE along the Giudecca Canal to Piazza San Marco allows you to admire the palazzos and maze of streets. Time at leisure to soak up the magical atmosphere of this unique city. At a GLASSBLOWING WORKSHOP, experience this Venetian art. (B,D)
7. VENICE AREA-VERONA-LUCERNE AREA, SWITZERLAND. Stop in fascinating Verona and see Juliet’s legendary balcony. Cross the Swiss border and enjoy the idyllic views of Canton Ticino, then descend to the breathtaking beauty of Lake Lucerne. (B)
8. LUCERNE AREA-DIJON, FRANCE. Your visit this morning focuses on the Old Town in the heart of Lucerne. Also, there’s time for an optional excursion to Mount Stanserhorn. In the afternoon, journey into France for an overnight in the charming town of Dijon. (B)
9. DIJON-PARIS. Leave Dijon and travel on the autoroute to Paris, where included sightseeing with a local expert shows you many of the best-known Parisian sites. (B)
10. PARIS. Au revoir-your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)REQUEST A QUOTE